|Home > Training
- What is the difference between the CIPSE and the CPEd?
The CIPSE programme was started in 1993; Beaconhouse replaced the CIPSE with the CPEd in 2006.
- If I have done the CIPSE should I enroll in the CPEd?
No. You don’t need to attend this course as it is at the same level as the CIPSE.
- Who will pay for my IELTS examination?
You will pay for it and take it through the British Council.
- What will I have to pay for the course?
110 pounds sterling cash when you submit the last assignment.
- How long will the bond be?
- Can I still attend if I am not teaching at present?
No. It is compulsory to be a classroom teacher to enroll in the course. If you are not a teacher and still want to take the course you will have to go back to school teach one class, in any subject of your choice for an academic year.
- What is the worth of 120 credits?
The 120 credits will place you at Certificate level in the Higher Education Scheme of the United Kingdom.
- Can Urdu and Islamic Studies teachers enroll in this course?
Yes. If they get the required IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- What is the duration of the course?
Approximately 7 months.
- Will I get a pay raise after the course?
You will get an additional increment at the time of your annual appraisal.
- What if my language skills are not very good?
You will be required to take an IELTS at band 6.0 or a TOEFL at the score of 540.
- Will I get a promotion after completing the course?
No, but you will have moved one step further in your professional development.
- Will there be a written exam at the end of the course?
No. You will be required to write three assignments, one at the end of each module you study.
- What will be the requirements for assessment?
Written assignments, practical projects and classroom observations.
- How many assignments will I have to submit during and after the course?
Two assignments during the course and one after the course.
- Will you offer any diploma course after this?
- How many times will I be observed during the course?
- What happens if I cannot complete the course due to any unforeseen reasons?
You will have the option of being deferred. This means that you will be given a set time by the college to complete your course at a later date.
- Will it be conducted over the weekends?
No, on weekdays.
- Where will I get the books from?
From the regional library. For outstation teachers the complete bibliography will be sent to the concerned school.
- Where will this course be held?
At the Staff Development Centre (SDC) in your regional office.