|Home > Notable Alumni
- The first Beaconhouse school, Les Anges Montessori Academy, was opened in Lahore, Pakistan in 1975.
- In 2010, Beaconhouse acquired majority shares in the SIS Group of Schools, comprising the popular Singapore International Schools (SIS) and its other national plus (private) schools, with close to 3,000 students.
- Beaconhouse acquired St Paul Learning Centre in Cebu City, the second largest city in the Philippines.
- In early 2012, Beaconhouse entered into a partnership with the Angels in Heaven school in Cebuyao, Laguna, south of Manila, Philippines. It is divided over two campuses located close to each other.
- In late 2005, Beaconhouse acquired Dame Theresiana de Montealegre School, a private school based in Manila, Philippines.
- Beaconhouse owns the master franchise in Pakistan for Gymboree Play and Music, an international franchise of play centres.
- Beaconhouse contributed $ 6 million for the establishment of the Beaconhouse National University, a not-for-profit liberal arts university in Lahore.
- Bubbles is a playgroup programme developed by Beaconhouse and offered at select schools.
- Beaconhouse CEO Kasim Kasuri, along with other Country Chairs and Organisational Partners, attended the annual summit of Global Dignity on 10-11 April, 2013 in Oslo, Norway.
- An art fair was organised at Alhamra Art Complex, Lahore by BSS schools all over Pakistan to help the flood victims.
- Muhammad Sarmad Waqar of BSS Canal Side Campus came first in Matric 2012 by obtaining a total of 1,021 marks.
- The Beaconhouse School System is an international organisation with independent divisions in the following countries: Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Oman, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, the UAE and the United Kingdom. Its activities extend beyond education in some countries.
- Headquartered in London, Beaconhouse Educational Services Limited, or BESL, was set up by Beaconhouse as a school management company.
- Pocklington Montessori School is based in Yorkshire, close to York. It is one of the largest and most well-resourced Montessori schools in the UK, featuring a skateboard park, herb and vegetable gardens for children, and a large, purpose-built school on 3 acres.
- Beaconhouse owns 12 schools in Malaysia, all of which are in or around Kuala Lumpur.
- The Beaconhouse School System was the first Pakistani education system to cross borders: Beaconhouse Malaysia Sdn Bhd was established in 2004 to operate schools in Malaysia.
- TNS Beaconhouse is the first school in Pakistan to embrace the Reggio Emilia Approach.
- BSS student Ibrahim Shahid holds the world record for the highest number of A grades in CIE O Level examinations with 23 As.
- Beaconhouse held an international conference, ‘School of Tomorrow: Empowering Lifelong Learners’, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in November 2012. It was the first conference to be hosted overseas by a Pakistan-based educational organisation.
- In September 2012, the founder and Chairperson of the Beaconhouse Group, Mrs Nasreen Mahmud Kasuri, received the Pakistan Power 100 Professional Excellence Award.
- The student base of Beaconhouse continues to grow at 15% per year.
- Beaconhouse established its first school in Muscat, Oman, in September 2006 through the Al Kanz Educational Services.
- The first branch of Beaconhouse in Bangladesh commenced its first academic year in August 2006 and later relocated from Gulshan to Banani.
- St George's International School is a purpose-built school catering to the expatriate community in Bangkok, built on a 3-acre (12,000 m2) site close to the new Bangkok airport.
- TNS Beaconhouse is currently the only school from Pakistan to become a member of the International Schools Association (ISA) - a prestigious organisation working for improved international understanding among schools and promoting world peace, cultural diversity and tolerance.
- The Beaconhouse Sports Complex is a new, 25-acre comprehensive sports facility on Bedian Road in Lahore.
- The Learning Centre on The Beaconhouse Times, managed and coordinated by the Academic Department, provides academic support to students and staff and includes classroom resources, lesson plans, projects, reports of training sessions and events, professional development guidance and material, online training courses, sharing of good practice and much more.
- The Beaconhouse School System was voted Top Employer in the Education/Training industry, according to Rozee.pk`s Top Employer Ranking 2012.
- Sophia Kasim Kasuri, Director Gymboree Play & Music Pakistan, received the award for Woman of Inspiration as a Trendsetter Educationist of Pakistan in 2012.
- The Beaconhouse Group was honoured by the Brands Foundation at the Brand of the Year Awards ceremony held in Karachi on January 28, 2013. The Beaconhouse Group won awards in the following categories in 2012: Star Brand of Pakistan (Beaconhouse School System), Brand Icon of Pakistan (Beaconhouse School System), Brand of the Year (The Educators), Emerging Brand of the Year (Gymboree Play & Music).
- Zohaib Asad, a student of Beaconhouse Educational Complex, received a total of 28 A*s and As in his O Levels and 10 A*s and As in A Levels in 2011.
- Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) joined hands with the Beaconhouse School System for the promotion of the game in the country in 2013.
- In 2013, the Beaconhouse School System launched the Potohar Campus in a grand launch ceremony held at the Senior Branch, Gulrez on main G.T.Road, Rawalpindi.
- Beaconhouse student Ali Saud bagged the first position in the international World Education Games 2013, winning the top spot for Pakistan and his school in the international competition.
- Beaconhouse introduced its first-ever Dignity magazine in October 2013, the first volume of which features articles from O and A Level students on the Social Awareness Internship Programme (SAIP).
- The education designing, development and delivery processes of Beaconhouse were certified under the prestigious ISO 9001:2008 standard in January 2014.
- Gymboree Play & Music launched its first preschool in Pakistan in Lahore in January 2014.
- In collaboration with the Punjab Sports Board, the talented students of Beaconhouse set a Guinness World Record for the largest art class on February 28, 2014.
- Beaconhouse installed the Oracle Hyperion planning suite across Educational Services Ltd (ESL) on February 20, 2014.